Pulling it Together

A few days ago I shared my ideas of how I want to transform our dining room. I found this great oval mirror on clearance for $10.00 at Ross. The mirror was pretty banged up appearance wise. I didn’t matter to me, because I knew I was going to paint the mirror white. I like the beaded trim around the mirror.

The saw horses were a big help while I spray painted the mirror white





I stopped in Kohl’s on Saturday night and came across some the prefect gallery metal frames for 55% off. I bought a few for $11.99 each. The ones I originally loved are from Pottery Barn and they start at $34.99 for a 4x6 - OUCH!

Pefect, large matte and 5x7 opening - LOVE IT


Over the weekend I was also in search of the perfect dark wood stain. Three trips to later (back in forth between Lowes & Home Depot) I found the almost perfect color. I say almost because the color I really wanted was Jocobean by Minwax but the color was no longer available at Home Depot and Lowes had no dark wood stains without red undertones. I ended up choosing Dark Walnut by Minwx which is very similar to Jocobean.

Can you tell why I liked Jocobean? Yup the color is just a little darker and richer...oh well.


Dark Walnut


Jocobean     








0 comments

Post a Comment