Bathroom Update: Choosing Colors & More

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned we plan on giving our bathroom a mini update. We decided to start with the color palette. We began our color search by checking out Martha Stewart's new color line. I love how she has a mini booklet full of her color line.


We narrowed down three potential colors for the wall. I placed the color samples near the mirror to get a better idea of how the color will look against our white baseboards (which will also get refreshed). We don't don't get a lot of natural sunlight in this room, so we went off how the color looks with the bathroom light. As I mentioned before we want to add color into the room, so I'm really excited about the three colors we are considering. From top to bottom: River Mist, Artesian Well & Rainwater.


After looking at the colors for a while, we are leaning towards Rainwater. With both like the soft blue green color.


In addition to choosing a new paint color for our bedroom, I've been looking at pretty wall hooks. I started my search at Anthropologie fir ideas. I've seen similar hooks at Cost Plus, unfortunately the don't have pictures of their hooks online. I really like the hooks below and think they will add a nice touch to our bathroom.

{ via here }

Originally we planned on replacing our white waffle weave shower curtain with something more colorful. However, since were doing our mini bathroom update on a budget of $100 I thought adding rick rack to our existing shower curtain would add colorful punch.

{ via here }

Over the weekend, we'll be painting the bathroom, adding a punch of color to our basic shower curtain and hopefully I'll find some pretty hooks.

Would you add rick rack to a plain shower curtain or curtains to add punch at little cost? If so, what color or colors would you go with?

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment