Soft Place to Land: My Bedroom Ideas { Part One }

At first I was going to create a mood board for our Master Bedroom, but soon it got busy with all my ideas! So I decided a list of ideas would work better & I'd love to hear your opinions & ideas help me get this room done. Were almost done with the dining room, ripping up tile this weekend and laying new floors - so I really want to start on the bedroom after the dining room is done.


We have a very basic bedroom standard size 1956 bedroom = small. which means I'll save money right?


Bedroom Idea ~ Soft Place to Land Romantic & Modern


Colors


I really love this color combination.


1. Polished Silver, Vaslpar
2. Aqua-sphere, Sherwin Williams
3. Delicate White, Olympic


Bedding


For the bedding I'm picturing a white duvet and a gray covelet and pretty pillows



Lighting

I really want romantic lighting in our bedroom, fortunately we have overhead lighting in our bedroom which means a chanedlier would be lovely. My husband also likes the idea of a chandlier { he walks around the house saying Chande - LIER in a Englsih Accent }  I want this sucker on a dimmer switch. Here's a few I've been eyeing for quite some time.





But which one? The 1st one is amazing and I can really pciture it over the bed. The 2nd one combines my love of drum shades AND chandeliers.


Not only am I thinking about overhead lighting, I also need lamps in the bedroom for reading. I'm stumped on lighting for the night stands. I love these ones from Pottery Barn BUT at $99.00 each - They are way out of my budget and comfort zone. I did however come across these at Target, but I still have to Add-In the cost of shades, since they don't come with them.

                                     

I also like the idea of shiny metal lamps of course with drum shades might work better.....


Furniture


Lucky for me and my budget I found the perfect dresser on Craigslist! I actaully started painting it over the weekend - Two coats of primer so far. I'm sure my dresser will be just as lovely as the Pottery Barn one that I love. My dresser actaully has more detail.


                                   

I'm going to add shiny metal pulls to my dresser and maybe crystal knobs to the top drawers, I'll keep you posted.


I'm also in need of side tables/night stands for our bedroom. I'm torn between dark & white night stands. I want our bedroom to feel airy and open, so I keep going back and forth between the two finishes. Here's two options, Ideally I will find perefect nigtstands on Craigslist and SAVE money -- if not the ones below are still a good price. I also like this option from Wal-Mart in white, its actaully descibed as a little girls nightstand.


                                               
                                                        

 




Another bedroom furnitre must for me is my little bench, I wrote about awhile ago and can finally say its almost done. It's so pretty, I'm waiting on the fabric to arrive and then I can share. Crossing fngers the fabric arrives quick.

What do you think so far? Should I add another accent color to the bedroom? Any other lighting ideas?

Next

My { Part Two } will be about making the room pretty & functional. And trust me our room right now has now NO function, it's in a sad state of neglect - but that only makes better afters right?



0 comments

Post a Comment