Our Wedding Part Two

I never knew time could fly so fast, until we started planning our DIY wedding last year. We had a ton of wedding projects to complete and a home projects too since we wanted to have a cocktail reception in our backyard (read more about them here). My weeknights & weekends were consumed with wedding excel spreadsheets, dress fittings, food tasting, planting flowers and weeding our backyard. One of my best friends during the wedding planning was a mini book called The Bride's Mini 411, Checklist, Calenders & Contacts which fit perfectly in my purse when I didn't want to carry my Wedding Binder around. The book was a gift from my maid of honor.


Before I knew the morning of the Wedding had arrived, and it was a busy yet fun one! My mom, sister and my maid of Honor arrived bright and early to my house to finish up one last important detail flowers! Our wedding flowers were a DIY project, that morning we made: 4 bouquets, 3 boutonnieres, 8 centerpieces. I love how my bouquet turned out a mix of white hydrangeas and roses. My bridesmaids had lilac hydrangeas and roses, our flower girl had a pretty bouquet of baby's breath.

In addition to making our wedding invitations, I also made our wedding programs. Each program was wrapped in chocolate ribbon band.
After finishing up the last minute details at my house we all headed to the Hyatt Hotel to get ready, which is almost directly across the street from the ceremony Rose Garden. I stressed the morning of the wedding but felt better once I was at the hotel & getting my wedding pre-pampering. I went to a bunch of bridal shops and had some maybes, but found THE dress at Alfred Angelo. I knew it was the one when my girlfriends cried. Instead of a bright white dress, I went with a cream that flattered my skin tone and went with a champagne ribbon for a shade of contrast. I signed up for their emails and got the dress on sale.

Instead of simple white wedding shoes, I wanted a punch of color and shoes that I would have fun wearing again on a swanky dinner date with Mr. CLH. I found the shoes at Nordstroms, the store didn't have me size in stock but found them at store in Chicago they only pair left in my size in all of the Nordstroms. Love that Nordstroms shipped them to me for free.


Here's a picture of my maid of Honor and I walking across the street to the Old Rose Garden Capitol Park



The Internet was one of my best friends during wedding planning, I found a simple drop veil made with a pencil edge. I bought my veil from obridal.com they make custom veils that are really affordable and pretty. The whole day felt surreal, but began to feel 'real' when my dad and I rounded the corner to begin walking down the aisle.

Tomorrow concludes our mini wedding recap vows and cocktail reception details. If you missed part one of Wedding Recap please click here. I hope you've our wedding so far. What's your favorite wedding memory of your big day, before saying your vows?
Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment