The Dish: Salami Pizza with Garden Salad

I love having pizza at least once a week, but to skip the take out bill we've been making our own pizza at home with a few simple ingredients. This week I made Salami Pizza paired with a light garden salad. I found this recipe thanks to www.CookingLight.com where I also discovered Corn Roasted Quesdillas that I made a few weeks ago. I think this recipe because it can be tweaked in so many ways and combine staples your already have in your fridge { salad, tomatoes, cheese } While on there looking for recipes, I came across a recipe to make your own dough, I'll be trying that soon and letting you know how it turned out!
Shopping List
1 Can of Refrigerated Pizza Dough ( or fresh pizza dough from Trader Joe's )
1/4 cup of Pizza Sauce (plain tomato sauce mixed with garlic & oregano tastes good too)
2 tsp of yellow cornmeal
Cooking Spray (or tin foil)
1 1/2 pds of thinly sliced tomatoes ( 1 16oz can of diced tomatoes in water or olive oil & garlic) 
1 cup of reduced fat mozzarella
10 slices of Salami 
1/4 cup of fresh basil
1 tsp of fresh minced garlic 

When I normally make pizza I use Trader Joes fresh pizza dough, so yummy and good. But this week I used can pizza dough, gotta to save those Box Tops for Education to send with my son to school. OK,  back to the pizza, preheat your oven to 450 degrees.


Spray you cookie sheet with cooking spray or roll our some tin foil on it. Unroll your dough on your cookie sheet (if your suing fresh dough from Trader Joes follow dough cooking instructions)  Sprinkle cornmeal over your pizza dough then spread pizza sauce all over dough. Next sprinkle minced garlic and half of the cheese over the dough. 


Add your toppings, I placed the salami on first and then tomatoes and ( added mushrooms) the remainder of the cheese and fresh basil. All ready to be baked. 


Cook for 15 - 17 mins depending on desired crispness. Let the pizza cool for a few minutes and then cut. For the salad, I just used a bag garden mixed with feta cheese and vinaigrette dressing. Tabari was asking for seconds before he even finished his first slice. Excuse me while I pat my self on the back. I hope your enjoy this dish. 



After I had my dinner, I had a glass of wine ( love stemless wine glasses) with Mr. CLH and watched some television. 


Have you tired one of my recipes I shared on The Dish, if so how did it turn out? Is there a fresh fast affordable recipe of yours, my family should try out soon? Feel feel to email the recipe at chiclittlehouse@gmail.com I looking forward to trying the recipe and sharing it with everyone!

Do you make homemade pizza? What's your favorite pizza? 

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment