Second Sunday of the Month

Once a month on the Second Sunday of every month in Midtown Sacramento, there's a huge antique faire held under the freeway { Mon - Friday its a parking lot } I've been wanting to go to it, for like ever :) and finally this past Sunday we went. There were a ton of vendors all with a wide range of items from sale from nick knacks to mid century modern. These old school suitcases started at only $ 10 bucks and up.




So stealing this idea. Large glass water bottle + wine corks = goodness.


I love these vintage crates, don't they remind you of the ones Pottery Barn sells? They would be great in a kids room for storage and adding wheels would be even better. Next time we go, if I can locate the vendor I might get one.



I fell head of over heals in love with this Mid Century Modern sofa and love seat. When we came around for a second look there were sold. Oh well, that's the way it goes at Antique Faires. I was picturing them on our patio with the wood refinished and the cushions slip covered in outdoor fabric.



The star burst clock also caught my eye, I'd prefer popping out the clock and replacing it with a convex mirror. Maybe it will be there next time? The large shop fan? Was also cool.


We all had a fun time, looking at all the goods and plan on going back soon. It's a good way to spend a Sunday morning with my family. If you live in the Sacramento Area of Northern California like we do, you can check out more information about the Sacramento Antique Faire here. We ended up buying a cast iron grill press and a vintage ice cream scooper :)

What was your last vintage purchase?
Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment