Fabric Fixation: Outdoor Finds

Last week I shared with you that I've been on a serious fabric kick for the past few months and recently bought some fabric of a couple of projects in my house. I also mentioned I found some affordable outdoor fabric, but not knowing if I wanted to DIY pillows for our front porch re-vamp. Well I'm now 100% sure I'm going to go the DIY route and saving major moolah in the process.

Check out these amazing Sundial pillows from West Elm there are 22 inch squares at $ 29.00 each. There a nice bright sundial print. Restoration Hardware is also carrying the Valencia Medallion Pillow.

West Elm - Sundial

Restoration Hardware - Medallion


Medallion - Lime


Instead of spending major moolah on one pillow, my DIY suggestion is going with the Waverly Sundial Nautical fabric for only $ 13.99 per yard { on sale } The repeat of the sundial is every 14 inches, more sundial for your buck! You can easily make two 22inch square pillows with one yard of fabric. The Waverly fabric also reminds me of the Medallion pillows from Restoration Hardware.





West Elm is also selling a pretty Summer Tile outdoor pillow, a nice and long lumbar pillow perfect for lounges, this pillow is 13x36 and is $ 34.00. I'm a huge fan of lumbar pillows I've made three in the past couple of weeks!

West Elm - Summer Tile



My suggestion, go with the Diversitex Lesh fabric available in Espresso, Lime and Indigo. At only $ 9.98 per yard this is a steal!


Next up the classic style of Pottery Barn's stripped outdoor pillows. There 20 inch pillows are sale for $29.00 each.
Pottery Barn Harbor Stripe


Pottery Barn - Classic Stripe


You can achieve the Pottery Barn look for a lot less, via Designer Fabrics online. They have a great selection of indoor/outdoor stripped fabric, $11.99 per yard - that's half the cost of one pillow. Classic deck stripes never go out of style. Indoor/outdoor fabric is also a great option for family rooms and childern's rooms.




 I've ordered a few swatches for outdoor pillow options, want to make sure they'll compliment our front door were are painting next weekend.

No worries if your a little nervous about tackling DIY pillows yourself, I'll share my DIY pillow how to next week { its super easy }
Photobucket


0 comments

Post a Comment