Farm Fresh

I enjoy going to the farmers market and Saturday mornings with my family. Nothing beats buying your fruit, vegetables and flowers local farm fresh. In California we have Certified Farmers Market in every county! I always have a smile on my face while I'm searching for produce or other goodies. The farmers market in Northern California that we attend sell more then fruit and veggies. Here's a quick list of items they sell: cheese, eggs, extra virgin Olive oil, in season fruit, in season veggies, nuts, lavender, flowers and more! We stalked up on Asparagus, it's one of my favorite veggies, we usually grill it on the BBQ. Last night I made Asparagus and Mushroom Quiche with a side veggie salad it was yummy.

I couldn't take my eyes off all the lovely flowers. There were so many tulips in all different colors, I really like the deep plum ones.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Rows and Rows of yummy Asparagus

Photobucket


Photobucket

The artichoke hearts were huge!! Next time I'm getting a few, yummy for grilling

Photobucket

Two smiles, I can never get enough of!

Photobucket

Me and my baby, I know he's thinking why is she hugging me in public?


Photobucket

According to Section 114350 (d) of the California Health & Safety Code, no Dogs Allowed, so Mojo had to stay home.
Photobucket

Do you try and shop locally via a Framers Market near you? Any Shopping tips?
Looking for a farmers market near you? For Farmers Markets in CA click here. For Farmers Markets & Farms in the US click here.

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment