Knitting Know How

Even with the weather warming up in Northern California, and a long list of DYI indoor and outdoor projects one things that's been on my my mind a lot is learning how to knit. So I decided recently the best time for me to learn how to knit is in the spring and summer months before its gets cold again. Plus I'm thinking if I can 'master' { I know know, its sounds silly, since I hasn't picked up needles } the basic knit or stitch { can you tell I how no clue what knitting words are! } then I can start knitting cable knit throws, pillows and scarfs. I love the color grey, so I'd love to have some luxe cable knitted pillows and throws around our house during the chilly months. Plus its hip to knit, lol. Maybe its because I just finished reading Knitting Under the Influence that's give me the extra push. BTW the book was good! It just took me a while to really get into it. It's one of those books that leave you you wanting the writer to a sequel.

Ok back to knitting, I'm going to pick up some supplies over the weekend and see what happens. Hopefully I'll even be able to knit one of best friends a baby blanket for baby boy that's due in August.

Chunky Cable knitted pillow covers would be perfect in our living room during the cooler months


Knitted blankets around house would be perfect on lazy fall afternoons, the blanket below is combination cable knit and honeycomb.


I love the detail on the blankets below, I would love to be able to knit grey, blues, and yellow blankets for our house. A bright red cable knit blanket would be the perfect addition for our sons room


For  those for you that knit, was it easy to learn? Have you been knitting for years, or is this a new passion for you? Or are you like me, plan on taking up knitting, in hopes of making comfy throws, and pillows?

{ Edit from Original Post: Do you know of any good Knit How To books? Please Share }

Photobucket

0 comments

Post a Comment